Maintenance and Management
Our teams of mobile service technicians are able to deal with combustion, refrigeration, air conditioning, automatic controls, electrical and all building services.
Resident engineers can also be allocated to larger commercial and industrial sites. These resident engineers will then manage the building services and carry out monitoring and maintenance duties on a continual daily basis.
Psychro Management are also able to provide a comprehensive building maintenance scheme which can include all of the following responsibilities:
- Daily or weekly checks of all systems.
- Maintenance of all the mechanical and electrical services including plumbing, fire fighting, alarm systems, lighting, power and water hygiene etc.
- Repairs and replacement work.
- The employment and supervision of specialist contractors covering all other site services such as lifts, security, cleaning, landscaping etc.
- Monitoring energy consumption and plant efficiency to ensure energy targets are achieved.
- Production of regular reports on the condition of the building services.
- Lamp cleaning and replacement.
The Company operates a 24 hour emergency service, the use of which is available to all customers.
Our wealth of knowledge, experience and technical expertise within building services maintenance has enabled us to pinpoint the following problems associated with management of buildings:
- Difficulty in obtaining immediate response to emergency breakdowns from maintenance contractors.
- Recognition that the plant requires better attention but difficulty in justifying the extra costs involved.
- Escalating energy bills.
- Tenant's complaints about minor problems that can involve a large amount of administrative time to solve.
- Too many invoices for both major and minor repairs, breakdowns and other extras associated with basic maintenance.
- Difficulty in budgeting heating costs for the coming years including costs for plant replacement contracts.
Psychro Management also offer various schemes which are able to remove most of these problems whilst ensuring that the tenants and plant receive the desired level of service. This scheme, which has proved to be particularly popular is known as Fixed Price Heat Management, the main benefits are outlined as below:
- Fuel bill attributed to the heating plant are met in full by Psychro Management.
- Plant is maintained at optimum efficiency.
- Breakdown calls in connection with the plant are carried out at no additional charge.
- A Total Guarantee Scheme can be operated, whereby repairs or replacement to equipment within plant rooms are carried out at no charge, subject to a pre-contract survey.
- Environmental conditions are maintained.
- These benefits are provided at a fixed annual charge which is usually equal to, or lower than the existing total running costs of the building services.
- This annual charge is broken down into 12 equal monthly payments, normally no additional invoices are required.
Should fuel consumption vary with inclement weather, our overall charge remains fixed, thus allowing accurate budgeting. Financial risk is further reduced by the operation of the Total Guarantee Scheme which also cuts the client's administritive duties and related costs.
Heat Management is the logical, cost effective solution to the vast majority of problems associated with the running and upkeep of building services.
Legionnaries Disease/Water Hygiene
The Health & Safety Executive have produced Code of Practice L8 relating to the Control of Legionellosis including Legionnaires disease and the precautionary measures which should be taken to minimise its proliferation.
The H.S.E. Code places responsibilities on the employers to identify and assess the sources of risk, to prepare a scheme to prevent or control the risk, and to implement and manage scheme which should include all precautionary measures including record keeping. The code is by H.S.E. inspectors in factories, laboratories, educational establishments, docks and construction sites. In shops, offices, warehouses, hotels and catering establishments it is enforced by local authority Environmental Health Departments. These departments have additional responsibilities with regard to the public health.
The H.S.E. Code L8 also outlines the methods by which susceptible equipment - such as cooling towers, water storage tanks, spray coil humidifiers and domestic water systems - must be cleaned and disinfected to reduce the risk of Legionella Pneumophilia bacteria occurring in sufficient quantities to present a health hazard.
Psychro Management have formed a special team to identify, clean and sanitise susceptible equipment within a specific building. We will also arrange an efficient water treatment regime, including regular sampling and analysis, by a recognised independant laboratory, if required.